2017 is going to be a big race year for me.
I already have a full marathon (my first!), three half marathons (two are runDisney!), a 10K (strangely enough, my first!) and a 5K on the books and paid-for.
Sometimes I wonder if I’m being too ambitious… but then I laugh and tell myself I’m being silly.
I CAN DO ANYTHING.
I spent September 2015 through August 2016 running one organized road race per month. I ran my first half marathon in 2016. I accumulated over 300 miles of training and racing in the second half of 2016. I completed the Ultra level for the Millennium Series, which means I raced a cumulative of 40+ miles in one calendar year. If you had asked me on January 1st, 2016 whether or not I thought I’d be doing all of that running, I would’ve laughed in your face. But I did, and now here we are, and I’m already looking ahead to 2017.
I want to complete two race series this year – the Millennium Series again, and the Will Run For Beer Series. (It’s all about the finisher’s jacket!)
So here’s what I have planned with plenty of wiggle room to add more (which I inevitably will!):
- WCRC New Years Day Hangover Classic 10K (WRFB Series)
- Snowflake Shuffle 5K (MR Series)
- LOCO Palooza 5K (WRFB Series)
- Enchanted 10K (Glass Slipper Challenge)
- Princess Half Marathon (Glass Slipper Challenge and Coast-to-Coast)
- Fat Tuesday 5K (MR Series)
- Shamrock Half Marathon (MR Series)
- Shamrock Shuffle 5K (MR Series)
- Great Bay Half Marathon (WRFB Series)
- Tinkerbell Half Marathon (Coast-to-Coast)
- WhatMovesYou 5K (WRFB Series)
- Will Run For Beer 5K (WRFB Series)
- Ragnar Reach the Beach
- Wineglass Marathon
- Wine & Dine 10K (Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge) (wish-list)
- Wine & Dine Half Marathon (Lumiere’s Two Course Challenge) (wish-list)
What do you have planned for 2017? Will you be running any of these same races?